100g nuts (pecans or walnuts)
4 whole eggs
300g brown sugar
200g dark chocolate
300g butter
120g flour
- pre heat oven to 150°
- chop the nuts (I bash them up in a mortar and pestle)
- whip the eggs and sugar together to get a smooth mousse
- melt the chocolate, add the creamed butter and mix thoroughly
- pour on top of the egg & sugar mixture
- mix gently
- sieve the flour into the mixture gradually folding in with a spatula
- add the chopped nuts
- spread the mixture in the pan (lick the bowl)
- bake for 20 to 25 mins
- leave to cool before turning out and cutting into squares
I get the best results with the oven at 180° - the centre needs to be sticky and not quite fully cooked. I once didn't cook them enough, had already cut them into squares but just mixed them all up again and put the mixture back in the oven for a bit - it worked just as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment